Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ultrasound #2

Katie and I went to our second ultrasound and checkup for "baby boldt" yesterday (February 8th).  We are now about 12.5 - 13 weeks along, so we still don't know the gender of our little tangerine.  We were told there is a slight potential for finding out this early, but evidently not yet.

We both got a little nervous when the nurse first tried to operate the doppler so we could hear the baby's heartbeat. After 4-5 minutes of searching, she couldn't find it, and asked Katie, "are you still having pregnancy symptoms?"  I dreaded what we might find out, but turns out all it took was the doctor to come in and discover that the baby was completely blocked by the placenta and so we couldn't hear it.

He tried for a bit and finally we heard the room fill with the sound of a tiny fluttering heartbeat, at 163 beats per minute.  It is amazing how quickly the baby is growing.

We continue to pray our only prayer for babyboldt, and ask you to join us in that prayer. That prayer is for a healthy growing baby, covered by God's protection as well as for Katie's body as she carries him/her.

Next update will be at 16 to 17 weeks (around March 10th)... In the meantime, I'll try to figure out how to post the recording I took on my phone of that heartbeat!


Until next time, K + T = bb.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, it doesn't seem that long ago I was at that stage- it will go so fast! I'm definitely praying for a healthy baby and healthy Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the two of you. There's nothing more happy and shocking than finding out you're having a baby. I hope Katie's doing well and not suffering from any of the side effects that go along with pregnancy too badly. Congratulations. Let us know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete